The cheeses are made from the fresh milk of a single herd of Montbéliarde cows on a family farm in Suffolk. All the St.Jude Cheeses are handmade in small batches with great care, passion and respectful of this delicious, complex milk. Enjoying the seasonality of the milk which shapes the cheese is a special distinction of raw milk farmhouse cheeses and is to be celebrated.
St.Jude is a small, soft, mould ripened cheese with a soft paste and flavours that are influenced with the seasons according to the cow’s diet. The sister cheese, St.Cera, is a washed rind version of St.Jude which develops stronger flavours with a pink/orange blush to the rind.
- Made from unpasteurized cow’s milk
- Country of origin: England, Great Britain and United Kingdom
- Region: Bungay, Suffolk, England
- Family: Brie
- Type: soft, artisan, soft-ripened
- Texture: creamy, fluffy, runny and soft
- Rind: mold ripened
- Colour: cream
- Flavour: citrusy, lemony, milky
- Aroma: fresh, milky
- Vegetarian: no